Find Design: 2012 Trends and Styles for Weddings. Did you know that May through October are the most popular months for weddings? As we head into this busy wedding season, we’d like to share with you what we’ve been seeing and what’s been trending for 2012 weddings.
- Blacktie formals are making a comeback. How cool!
- Classic colors and pale pinks in combination with neutrals, champagnes and creams
- Custom prints, chevrons and stripes will be back in a major way
- Luxe candelabras with elegant taper candles. Bring it on!
- The flower of the year is the peony
- The era of the single centerpiece seems to be over. The trend for 2012 centerpieces feature lots of vessels, flowers, and candles on the table to create a full landscape.
- Succulents and herbs will take a turn in the spotlight
- Invitations with watercolor style sheer washes of color and brushstroke designs are big. Family crests, foil printing, bold retro fonts, and laser cut designs are also key stylish wedding stationery this year.
- Artisanal cocktails with ingredients such as elderflower liquor, froth egg whites, candied ginger or herbs. Yum!
- Tequila and/or scotch tasting stations. Who wouldn’t love that?!
- Seasonal market driven dining – For Spring, think asparagus or strawberries; Summer, think stone fruits, tomatoes, and beautiful grains; Autumn, think figs; Fall, think squash; Winter, think hearty root vegetables.
- Rolling food stations featuring lamb, peking duck, or dessert. Double yum!
- Fine crystal and china with butlered service. Pretty fancy!
- Truffles, truffles, Truffles! Truffled fries, truffled popcorn, truffled mac n’ cheese!
- The royal wedding cake is setting a trend, especially with the lavish lacy drops of icing featured on Kate Middleton’s cake.
- Vanilla, chocolate, and almond are classic wedding cake flavors but make room for some new ones – orange creamsicle, Jack Daniels buttercream, and red velvet.
- Gospel choir belting out Beyonce or Led Zeppelin done by a string quartet
- Re-creation of the wedding scene from the movie Twilight. We must admit, it was pretty cool (but without the vampire blood).
(Content courtesy of Bridal Guide Magazine, Jan/Feb 2012 Edition)